Mix function and fashion with these quick improvements.
1. Stylish Rolling Bookcase
Create rolling storage by adding casters to a bookshelf—perfect for hiding odds and ends behind a sofa. If you have an open living space and the back of your sofa is open to the room, use the bookshelf as a storage-filled console table by rotating the bookshelf to expose the shelves.
What You’ll Need:
- Electric drill
- Screws (Make sure the screws aren’t so long that they’ll break through the other side of the shelf.)
- Set of casters (Number may vary depending on the size your bookshelf.)
1) With the electric drill and screws, attach casters to the bottom of the bookshelf. For stability, place two casters at each end and two in the middle.
2. Flip the piece over and slide into position.
2. Cabinet Storage Solutions
These clever, budget-friendly ideas will keep household essentials tucked away and neatly organized. Pick one or use them all in different rooms to optimize your cabinets.
- Create more under-sink storage by hanging spray bottles from a tension rod.
- Keep smaller bathroom essentials in a rotating caddy for easy access.
- Instead of keeping trash bags in a packaged box, put the roll on a paper towel holder. Just grab and go!
3. Fake a Headboard
1) Measure and decide on placement (especially if mounting shelves, so you head will be clear while sitting in bed!).
2) Follow the included instructions.
3) Restyle when the mood strikes!
4. Nightstand Charging Station
Find your inner handyman and rid your nightstand of ugly power cords by installing a power station! In just three steps your table will be clutter-free and ready to decorate.
What You’ll Need:
- Nightstand with drawer
- Power strip cord
- Power drill
- Circular drill bit
- Velcro dots
- Cleaning cloth or rag
1) On a flat surface, place your nightstand on its side. With the circular bit, drill a hole through the back of the nightstand to the top drawer. The hole should be large enough to fit the plug of your power cord. Wipe off any sawdust with a damp cloth.
2) Place the power strip in the top drawer of the nightstand. Thread the cord through the back hole, and plug into the nearest outlet.
3) Secure the power strip to the bottom of the drawer with sticky Velcro dots. With the cords and gadgets hidden away, your nightstand is a blank slate.